Merv is a cultural translator who helps the Indigenous and non-Indigenous worlds find ways to work together to reach a client’s goals. Indigenous peoples are emerging as leaders in development initiatives across Canada. Merv can successfully bring together Indigenous and commercial interests to move projects forward that benefit of local communities.
With his diverse network of contacts and skills in relationship-building, combined with his public policy experience and training, Merv is a valued partner. Over more than two decades at McLeod Wood Associates, he’s proven to be skilled at diffusing tensions and fostering dialogue. And valued in achieving win-win outcomes.
- Several nomination and leadership campaigns on the Ontario First Nation and Tribal Council level
- Advisor to the Deputy Grand Chief, Nishnawbe Aski Nation
- Aboriginal Policy Advisor at Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
- Certificate in Becoming a Powerful Negotiator, Stitt Feld Handy Group, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- Degree in Public Administration from the University of Windsor
Sign-up to receive our updates in real-time directly to your inbox.