Vice President, National Public Affairs
Melissa is one of the most sought-after public affairs and communications consultants in Canada—and for good reason. She has a rare portfolio of high-profile positions in the political field and the private sector, from senior leadership roles on federal and provincial election campaigns to Vice President at a leading global public relations firm. Throughout her career, she’s led high-stakes campaigns and provided strategic communications advice, media-training, debate prep and speech coaching to political leaders and C-Suite executives across Canada.
At Enterprise, Melissa plays a leading role in developing winning strategies to help our clients across Canada achieve their public policy and communications goals.
- Extensive political campaign experience as war room director and chief spokesperson in Premier Doug Ford’s successful 2018 Ontario Election Campaign, as Caroline Mulroney’s Leadership Campaign Director and in senior roles in the 2008, 2011 and 2015 federal Conservative Party of Canada campaign war rooms.
- Private-sector experience as Vice President of Public Affairs at global public relations firm Hill + Knowlton Strategies and in financial communications as a Senior Director at CIBC World Markets.
- Serves as Vice-President of the PC Party of Ontario, on the Leaders Advisory Council on Election Readiness, and on the boards of Hot Docs International Film Festival, Michael Garron Hospital and The Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee.
- A regular media commentator including on CBC’s Power and Politics, as host of a weekly radio show on the Bell Talk Radio Network and in Canada’s largest circulation newspapers and magazines.
- Past experience as Director of Communications for Canada’s Ministers of Finance, Foreign Affairs, Trade and Environment.
- A graduate of the University of Toronto; attended graduate studies at Ottawa University.