Mariam is a former civil servant with a solid understanding of the complexities within Ontario’s healthcare system. She brings strong technical expertise in health policy, research, communications, and advocacy to Enterprises’ Health Practice.
Before joining Enterprise, Mariam worked with prominent not-for-profits and professional associations in the health sector on a range of policy issues including hospital capacity planning, health system funding reform and provincial coverage for medical supplies and medical devices in Ontario.
- Supported Chrystia Freeland’s campaign team for the 2019 federal election.
- Strong health policy background and research experience developed through working across the broader hospital and healthcare sector
- Solid understanding of the civil service, bureaucracy, and the government machinery
- Master’s degree in Public Policy and Public Administration from University of Waterloo
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Government Relations Management from Seneca College.
- Dedicated volunteer and advocate for women in leadership and gender development initiatives