Vice President, National Strategic Communications & Atlantic Canada Lead
David Tarrant has spent his career helping organizations turn complicated challenges into simple solutions.
As Enterprise’s Vice President of National Strategic Communications, David helps our clients bridge the worlds of communications, marketing and public affairs so that they can better identify opportunities, overcome challenges and ultimately build sustainable strategies that allow them to achieve their goals.
David is also Head of Enterprise’s Atlantic Canadian Office, based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, which is part of Enterprise’s commitment to providing true full-service support for national and local clients from coast to coast.
A native of St. John’s, Newfoundland, David has worked in the office of the Prime Minister of Canada and the Premiers of Nova Scotia and Ontario. During his career in the private sector, David also worked as the Director of Strategic Communications for a major Canadian bank. A former speechwriter, David has written election narratives, Throne Speeches and a provincial budget, overseen multimillion-dollar research and advertising budgets and supported complex regulatory communications that include AML and anti-money laundering initiatives, M&A activities, and C-suite executive transitions.
Throughout his career, David has made messages clearer, campaigns more focused, and helped issues become more relevant to more people. When companies or institutions face complicated communications questions, there’s few better than David to help them win.
- Executive Director of Strategic Communications in Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s office and co-author of the 2018 Ontario PC election platform.
- Senior Strategist for Nova Scotia Premier Tim Houston’s 2021 election campaign.
- Director of Strategic Communications for BMO Financial Group involved in CEO communication and an enterprise-wide communications initiatives.
- Communications Strategist in Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s office responsible for message and brand discipline across multiple federal departments.
- Senior speechwriter to Nova Scotia Premier John Hamm.
Sign-up to receive our updates in real-time directly to your inbox.