COVID-19 Update for September 29 2020 – 1:50pm
Today, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced funding to fight COVID-19 in long-term care homes, as well as visitor restrictions that will be rolled out at homes in areas where the virus is most prevalent.
Premier Ford announced $540 million to “protect long-term care homes from COVID-19,” including:
- $405 million to help homes with containment measures, staffing supports and purchasing additional supplies such as personal protective equipment;
- $61.4 million for renovations to improve infection control, such as ventilation and isolation capacity; and
- $30 million for additional infection control staffing and training for existing staff.
The premier also announced that as of October 5 visitors at long-term care homes in the “highest-risk regions” will be restricted to staff, essential visitors and essential caregivers only. However, up to two friends or family members per resident will be permitted to sign up as caregivers. The premier said officials are currently establishing where the restrictions will be put in place.
We hope you are finding these COVID-19 updates useful. In addition to trying to keep on top of the fast-changing situation, Enterprise is also working to support local charities during these challenging times. If you are able, your contributions to this effort would be deeply appreciated.
To donate, please click on the organization below:
- Toronto – Food Banks Canada
- Thunder Bay – Food Banks North West
- Hamilton/Niagara – Hamilton Food Share
- Alberta – Hope Mission
Stay safe. Stay healthy.
The Enterprise Team