COVID-19 Update for October 1 2020 – 12:05pm
Following up on a Throne Speech pledge to create 1 million jobs in the COVID-19 recovery, today Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a $10 billion infrastructure investment through the Canada Infrastructure Bank.
Joined by Infrastructure and Communities Minister Catherine McKenna and Canada Infrastructure Bank Chair Michael Sabia, Trudeau announced a three-year growth plan to create 60,000 jobs across the country and “build a low carbon future.”
The $10 billion plan will focus on clean energy projects, public transit (specifically zero-emission buses), retrofitting of buildings, high-speed broadband connections, agriculture irrigation and affordable housing.
Sabia noted that projects funded through the Canada Infrastructure Bank must meet three key criteria:
- Impact – potential for growth, ideally projects that scale.
- Value – act as a catalyst to bring in third party capital now or that can attract investments in the future.
- Return – enable the bank to earn the capital back for reinvestment.
Read the full government release here.
We hope you are finding these COVID-19 updates useful. In addition to trying to keep on top of the fast-changing situation, Enterprise is also working to support local charities during these challenging times. If you are able, your contributions to this effort would be deeply appreciated.
To donate, please click on the organization below:
- Toronto – Food Banks Canada
- Thunder Bay – Food Banks North West
- Hamilton/Niagara – Hamilton Food Share
- Alberta – Hope Mission
Stay safe. Stay healthy.
The Enterprise Team