COVID-19 Update for July 9, 2021 – Ontario Moving to Step 3 EarlyJuly 9, 2021
Ontario Moving to Step 3 Early
With more than half of adults in Ontario now fully vaccinated, eclipsing initial targets, and steady shipments of COVID-19 vaccines expected to continue throughout the summer, the province announced this morning it will move into Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen ahead of schedule on July 16.
Wearing masks in indoor public settings and physical distancing requirements will remain in place throughout Step 3.
What will be allowed:
- Outdoor gatherings and organized events of up to 100 people.
- Indoor gatherings and organized events with up to 25 people.
- Indoor religious services, including weddings and funerals (as long as physical distancing is maintained).
- Indoor dining with no limits on the number of patrons per table (again with physical distancing and other restrictions still in effect).
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities – to a maximum 50% capacity or 1,000 people.
- Retail stores and personal care services, with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain two metres of physical distancing.
- Museums, galleries, historic sites, aquariums, zoos, landmarks, botanical gardens, science centres, casinos/bingo halls, amusement parks, fairs and rural exhibitions, festivals – with capacity limits (50% indoors, 75% outdoors).
- Concert venues, cinemas and theatres – with capacity limits.
- Real estate open houses (with physical distancing).
- Indoor food or drink establishments with dance facilities, including nightclubs and restobars, up to 25% capacity or a maximum of 250 people.