Media Relations Coordinator, Full-Time
We are looking for a coordinator with a keen interest in media of all forms to join our team. This is an excellent role for anyone aspiring to a career in public relations, who is looking for the opportunity to take a lead role in every aspect of a modern-day public and media relations campaign.
This role is well-suited to candidates who are driven, self-motivated and focused on results. You are detail-oriented and organized, as well as highly engaged with online trends and communities, comfortable picking up new skills quickly and thrive both independently and while collaborating.
As well as a strong writer, ideally, you are interested and engaged in mainstream media as well as digital and social media outlets.
The successful applicant will work out of our Niagara office in St. Catharines.
- Creating exciting and interesting story ideas for our clients
- Building and maintaining relationships with target journalists and media outlets
- Pitching media and coordinating interviews for our clients
- Compile and update media lists
- Monitor and analyze media coverage
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Perform outreach, development and execution of monthly content calendars, develop community and reporting
- Research industry trends, best practices, and emerging platforms.
- Content development for online purposes
- Reaching out and communicating with influencers on a regular basis
- Monitoring and responding to influencer questions
- Assist in organizing events, including logistical coordination – liaison with venues, liaison with suppliers such as A/V support, liaison with clients and stakeholders, on-site event management and event follow-up as appropriate
- Assist in developing and implementing social/digital media strategies
- Assist in writing communications materials, such as key messages, media releases, backgrounders, Q&A documents, brochures, speeches, media notices, media kits and brochures
- Assist in developing proposals for new business
- Participate in strategic communications discussions, internally and on behalf of clients
- Strong research and writing skills
- Knowledge of social media best practices, trends and viral content
- 1-2 years previous PR/communications or media experience
- Knowledge of local media a major asset
- Ability and desire to work multiple files on a daily basis
- Knowledge of new/digital/social media
- Team player
Enterprise offers a fun, fast-paced, team environment in which consultants drawn from senior levels in government, business and journalism work closely together to deliver integrated campaigns to some of Canada’s largest organizations.
In delivering a full range of strategic communications, public relations and public affairs services, Enterprise provides a unique opportunity to learn, grow and make a measurable difference to the success of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
If you’re interested in joining our team, email us your resume at email@example.com.