Kalvin uses the written word and a solid understanding of the modern media landscape to help our clients achieve their communications goals. He specializes in developing and executing media relations and strategic communications strategies, including training spokespeople to face the media spotlight and producing engaging and interesting content — reports, speeches, statements, media releases, pitch letters, correspondence, opinion columns and the like.
WHAT DRIVES ME
“The media is evolving. But while platforms are shifting, unchanged is that people are voracious consumers of news. Never has that been more true than in this Digital Age. But the stories people are reading cannot produce themselves. Many of these digital channels are aggregators, not creators, of stories, videos and graphics.
I still believe in the power of the pen and the impact of a well-crafted story. Our clients have great stories, and I love helping them first discover — and then tell — them.”
- Editorial page editor of the St. Catharines Standard for five years.
- Nine years experience as a reporter in Brantford, Simcoe and St. Catharines, specializing in covering municipal, provincial and federal politics.
- Six-time nominee — and two-time winner — of an Ontario Newspaper Award.
- Covered every federal, provincial and federal election between 1997 and 2011 for St. Catharines Standard webcasts.
- Political commentator in Niagara region media.