As a dynamic problem solver, Graham has extensive experience in public policy, governance and in the assessment of boards and management teams with a particular emphasis on health care. Drawing on his experience as a former Ontario Deputy Minister of Health, Graham is often called in to solve public policy problems in public health.
He has stepped in to manage hospitals in trouble, served as a mediator and facilitator between hospitals, hospital foundations and physicians in the health care sector, and performed confidential assessments of governance and administration for hospital boards and management teams.
WHAT DRIVES ME
“Listening and hearing are the key ingredients to problem solving when you’re dealing with issues of public policy. You need to work together with people and teams to develop constructive solutions that will have long lasting success.
Since serving as Ontario’s Deputy Minister of Health, I’ve developed a passion for public health care. I believe in the universal system and I want to make it work. I care about the sustainability of public policy in the broader context, and is the driving principle behind every solution I’ve created.”
- Former Deputy Minister of Health for Ontario.
- Wide experience in different forms of management, including as Managing Partner of a large Canadian Law Firm.
- Has supervised both large teaching hospitals and general hospitals.
- Regularly called on by governments under all three parties to report on problematic situations.
- Leadership of the Boards of major non-profit organizations such as Canada Health Infoway and the Institute for Research in Public Policy.
- Frequent media appearances and guest speaker.